Thursday 4 April 2024

Motivation for this blog

 About ten years ago I had lived a few years in Savonlinna, which is an arts oriented countryside town in eastern Finland in northern Europe, where there is a famous summer time opera happening just about every summer. I myself am originally from the capital but like arts and nature. I guess such is common in Finland. So I learned something about arts etc, and to my surprise the view from my window, which I had chosen on a moment when fascinated by Kalevala, was really stunning. So I got stuck to writing about subjects loosely connected with fine views from a window, see LearnTalents.BlogSpot.com/2018/09 , and now years later I am still in the same subject, so as I have run out of things to write about, I experiment also by having a blog straight in this subject: Magnifient views from a window and nice to live in, beneficial for skills too. 


* * *

5th of April 2024   A link to a Finnish language video of the third poem of Kalevala as sung in a quite traditional way. There ought to be English subtitles available. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OVuT8jdpjsU


No comments:

Post a Comment

My new book "Magnifient Views : and nice to live in"

 See  https://miraclelikenature.blogspot.com/2024/04/magnifient-views.html   You can also find it at www.Amazon.com .